Landlord and Mortgage Enrollment Program
Coronavirus Rental, Mortgage and Utilities Assistance Program
Due to the economic impact of the Coronavirus (COVID-19), Fort Bend County is requesting landlords and mortgage companies to participate in the Rental, Mortgage, and Utilities Assistance Program.
Participants will benefit from the following:
- Direct rent payment to the landlord for eligible and approved Coronavirus impacted tenants, OR
- Direct payment to the mortgage company for eligible and approved Coronavirus homeowners.
We request your participation in this special COVID-19 rental and mortgage assistance program. To do so you must:
- Be in good standing with the County and State of Texas;
- Agree to accept rent or mortgage payment directly from the County, and charge no penalties or fees; and
- Agree to refrain from initiating any eviction process for the month(s) the tenant has applied for assistance or to rescind any such process that is underway.
*** NOTE: Rent and mortgage payments made under the program will not exceed $1,500.