Small Business Emergency Assistance Grant Program
The funding for the Small Business Emergency Assistance Grant Program has been fully committed as of October 12, 2020. At this time the CARES Act has limited the use of the allocation to Fort Bend County through December 31, 2020. If the Act deadline is extended beyond December 2020, further funding opportunities will be published on this webpage.
For Assistance Email FBCSmallBusiness@mpact-consulting.com
Additional Grant for Small Businesses awarded grants as of October 6, 2020:
You are eligible for an additional grant up to the amount your received or were designated to receive before October 6, 2020. The requirements for this second grant are:
- Must have been approved and received the initial award as of October 6, 2020.
- Must have exhausted all funds from the first payment.
- Eligible award would be for the same amount previously provided to the applicant.
- Level 1 – $ 5,000
- Level 2 – $15,000
- Level 3 – $25,000
- Must complete a recertification questionnaire and meet all criteria (i.e. continued revenue loss, good standing, etc.) Click here for recertification form and instructions [PDF].
- Applicants will be required to submit an updated and signed revenue/loss statement (comparing 2019 to 2020 revenue)
- Receipts and documentation for all eligible expenditures must be submitted for audit purposes prior to December 29, 2020 or within three (3) months of grant disbursement of funds (whichever is sooner).
- Funds dispersed to the Small Businesses that are not documented or deemed ineligible uses of funds, would need to be repaid within 30 days of notice, or no later than December 30th, 2020 (whichever is sooner)
- The Small Business must also demonstrate that it will remain operational in Fort Bend County through December, 2020 and significantly beyond.
CARES Act Eligible Expeditures [PDF]
Instructions for Submissions of Receipts [PDF]
Fort Bend County Small Business Emergency Assistance Grant Program Form Spanish [PDF]
Fort Bend County Small Business Emergency Assistance Grant Program FAQs Spanish [PDF]
Fort Bend County Small Business Emergency Assistance Grant Program FAQs English [PDF]
1. Grants are available to businesses for the following eligible CARES ACT activities:
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Re-opening supplies, equipment & renovations
- Remote working expenses
- Payroll to bring employees back to work
- Mortgage assistance
2. There is an expectation that the business would remain operational in Fort Bend County for at least one year, or at a minimum through December 30, 2020.
3. Receipts and documentation for all eligible expenditures must be submitted for audit purposes within three (3) months of grant award disbursement. Funds dispersed that are not supported with eligible and documented expenses will be required to be repaid within thirty days (30) of notice of ineligibility.
4. Expenses incurred as of April 3, 2020 (Stay at Home Order) are eligible as long as they meet the criteria above.
5. Applications will be reviewed for completeness and compliance with the grant eligibility standards and process in the order they were received.
This program was created with input from the Central Fort Bend Chamber, the Fort Bend Chamber, the Katy-Fulshear Chamber, the Katy Area Chamber, and the Needville Chamber.