Small Business Emergency Assistance Grant Program
The Commissioners Court has authorized the third phase of the Small Business Assistance Grant Program. You will be able to submit an application beginning December 18, 2020 at the link below. Applications will be accepted for businesses that have not applied during the first and second phases of this program. Businesses that have received or applied to receive a second grant do not need to take any additional action. Business that applied for a grant after October 6, 2020 may submit the recertification form below for a second grant.
If you have applied and have received a grant or approved for a grant before this phase, do not reapply as a new applicant. NEW APPLICANTS APPLY HERE
For Assistance Email FBCSmallBusiness@mpact-consulting.com
Additional Grant for Small Businesses awarded grants after October 6, 2020:
You are eligible for an additional grant up to the amount your received or were designated to receive after October 6, 2020. The requirements for this second grant are:
- Must have been approved and/or received the initial award after October 6, 2020.
- Must have exhausted all funds from the first payment for expenditures incurred through December 31, 2020.
- Eligible award would be for the same amount previously provided to the applicant.
- Level 1 – $ 5,000
- Level 2 – $15,000
- Level 3 – $25,000
- Must complete a recertification questionnaire and meet all criteria (i.e. continued revenue loss, good standing, etc.) Click here for recertification form and instructions [PDF].
- Applicants will be required to submit an updated and signed revenue/loss statement (comparing 2019 to 2020 revenue)
- Receipts and documentation for all expenditures incurred through December 31, 2020 must be submitted for audit purposes within 30 days of grant disbursement of funds.
- Funds dispersed to the Small Businesses that are not documented or deemed ineligible uses of funds, would need to be repaid within 30 days of notice.
- The Small Business must also demonstrate that it will remain operational in Fort Bend County through December, 2020 and significantly beyond.
CARES Act Eligible Expenditures [PDF]
Instructions for Submissions of Receipts [PDF]
Fort Bend County Small Business Emergency Assistance Grant Program Form Spanish [PDF]
Fort Bend County Small Business Emergency Assistance Grant Program FAQs English [PDF]
Fort Bend County Small Business Emergency Assistance Grant Program FAQs Spanish [PDF]
1. Grants are available to businesses for the following eligible CARES ACT activities incurred through December 31, 2020:
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Re-opening supplies, equipment & renovations
- Remote working expenses
- Payroll to maintain or bring employees back to work
- Mortgage assistance – Commercial buildings only
2. There is an expectation that the business would remain operational in Fort Bend County for at least one year, or at a minimum through December 30, 2020.
3. Receipts and documentation for all eligible expenditures must be submitted for audit purposes within 30 days of grant award disbursement. Funds dispersed that are not supported with eligible and documented expenses will be required to be repaid within thirty days (30) of notice of ineligibility.
4. Expenses incurred as of April 3, 2020 (Stay at Home Order) are eligible as long as they meet the criteria above.
5. Applications will be reviewed for completeness and compliance with the grant eligibility standards and process in the order they were received.
This program was created with input from the Central Fort Bend Chamber, the Fort Bend Chamber, the Katy-Fulshear Chamber, the Katy Area Chamber, and the Needville Chamber.