Declaration of Local Disaster for Public Health Emergency
WHEREAS, beginning in December 2019, a novel coronavirus, now designated COVID-19, was detected in Wuhan City, Hubei Province, China, and has since spread throughout the world;
WHEREAS, the spread of COVID-19 has caused illness and death within Fort Bend County; and
WHEREAS, after months of community spread, increase in rates of positive results from test, more symptomatic cases, additional measures must be taken to contain COVID-19 and prevent its spread throughout Fort Bend County.
NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT PROCLAIMED BY THE COUNTY JUDGE OF FORT BEND COUNTY, TEXAS:
- That a local state of disaster for public health emergency is hereby declared for Fort Bend County, pursuant to section 418.108(a) of the Texas Government Code.
- Pursuant to section 418.108(b) of the Government Code, the state of disaster for public health emergency shall continue for a period of not more than seven days from the date of this declaration unless continued or renewed by the Commissioners Court of Fort Bend County, Texas
- Pursuant to section 418.108(c) of the Government Code, this declaration of a local state of disaster for public health emergency shall be given prompt and general publicity and shall be filed promptly with the County Clerk
- Pursuant to section 418.108 (d) of the Government Code, this declaration of a local state of disaster activates the Fort Bend County emergency management plan.
- Any individual, group of individuals, or property subject to a Local Health Authority Order restricting the movement of that individual or group of individuals or restricting movement to, from, or within that property, shall limit ingress and egress and take such measures as specified by that Local Health Authority Order.
- That this declaration shall take effect immediately from and after its issuance.
Fort Bend County Judge