Governor Abbott’s Executive Order GA 28, Prohibits Outdoor gatherings in excess of 100 people unless approved
If your proposed outdoor gathering is in a City/Municipality of Fort Bend County, please contact the office of the Mayor of the respective City to request approval.
If your proposed outdoor gathering is in unincorporated areas of Fort Bend County, please follow the Guidelines below to request approval from the County Judge for the gathering:
Guidelines for Gatherings in Excess of 100 People:
NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT PROCLAIMED BY THE COUNTY JUDGE OF FORT BEND COUNTY, TEXAS:
- If your outdoor event in excess of 100 people is located in unincorporated Fort Bend County and you would like approval for the gathering, please Click Here to request for a Mass Gathering.
- You can utilize this Sample Event COVID-19 Mass Gathering Safety Plan Template [DOCX].
- No occupancy limits for the following:
- Any services listed by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security’s Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) in its Guidance on the Essential Critical Infrastructure Workforce, Version 3.1 or any subsequent version
- Religious Services, including those conducted in churches, congregations, and houses of worship
- Local government operations
- Child care services
- Youth camps
- Recreational sports programs for youth and adults
- The following outdoor areas or venues shall operate at no more than 50 percent of the normal operating limits:
- Professional, collegiate, or similar sporting events
- Swimming pools
- Water parks
- Museums and libraries
- Zoos, aquariums, natural caverns, and similar facilities
- Rodeos and equestrian events
- Amusement parks
You can find the full Executive Order from Governor Abbott at: https://gov.texas.gov/news/post/governor-abbott-takes-executive-action-to-contain-spread-of-covid-19